Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission,
College Road, Chennai
Online applications are invited for 333 Assistant Agricultural Officer Posts in Tamil Nadu Agricultural Extension Service Through Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC). So, eligible and interested candidates can apply these posts on or before the last date of 07-04-2015.
Advertisement date: 08.03.2017
Online Application Registration: 08.03.2017 to 07.04.2017
Last date for Fee (offline): 11.04.2017
Written Examination: 02.07.2017 - Paper I (Main Paper) Time:10.00 am to 01.00 pm
Written Examination: 02.07.2017 - Paper II (General Knowledge) Time: 02.30 pm to 04.30 pm
Jobs in Detail:
Name of the Job: Assistant Agricultural Officer
Place: Tamil Nadu Agricultural Extension Subordinate Service
Total Jobs: 333 Posts
102 - Un Reserved (OC)Salry: Basic Pay Rs.5200 + Rs.2800 Grade Pay
87 - Backward Class (BC)
13 - BC Muslim
67 - Most Backward Class (MBC)
51 - Sheduled Caste (SC)
10 - SCA (Arunthathiyar)
03 - Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Age Limit: 30 years
Qualification: HSc or 12th or +2 Pass with Diploma in Agriculture (2 years course)
Age Limit Calculation:
- Calculation as on 1st July, 2017
- Minimum age limit is 18 years
- 30 years for UR candidates.
- NO AGE LIMIT for SC / SCA / ST / BC / BC Muslims / MBC / DNC candidates.
- NO AGE LIMIT for Destitute Widow of all communities i.e. including UR candidates.
- PwD candidates will get 10 years additional relaxations along-with the above category.
- Ex-Serviceman : NO AGE LIMIT for SC / SCA / ST / BC / BC Muslims / MBC / DNC candidates.
- Ex-Serviceman : Maximum 48 years for UR candidates.
Paper I Diploma Standard : (300 marks ; 3 hours) Syllabus :
- Agronomic principles, practices and meteorology
- Dry Farming and Agro-Forestry
- Soils and Fertility Management
- Horticultural Crop Cultivation Techniques
- Breeding and Seed Production
- Plant Protection Principles and Practices
- Livestock, Poultry Management, Artificial Insemination and Calf Rearing
- Farm Machinery and Post Harvest Technology
- Energy and Environment
- Commercial Agriculture
- Agricultural Extension and Agricultural Economics
- Computer Application
- General Studies 75 Marks
- Aptitude and Mental Ability Test 25 Marks
- General Tamil or General English 100 Marks
- One Time Registration Fee - Rs.150
- Exam Fee Rs.150
- Stage I : Written Examination
- Stage II : Oral Interview / Personal Interview.
- 200 Point roster system should applicable as per Government of Tamil Nadu norms.
- Age relaxations are also applicable as per Government of Tamil Nadu norms.
- Cut-off date for educational qualification 08.03.2017
- Help Line Telephone Numbers 044-25332833 / 25332855.
- Toll Free Telephone number 1800 425 1002
Syllabus: Click Here
One Time Registration: Click Here
Online Application: Click Here